Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The produce guy

Leila's quite the talker. Yeah, I know. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. ;o) ANYWAY...last night Lorinda and I went to the store and took Leila along. As we were going through the store Leila saw some grapefruit and decided to reach up and get herself one. Carrying it as she walked along, she spied the other fruit and started to say "Apple!" over and over. We say to her, "Yes! Those are apples. Lots of apples!"...and the conversation goes on.
"Do you like apples?" I ask her.
"YES!" she says. "Want it!"
"You want an apple?"
"Yes."
So Aunt Rinda then tried to see if there are any precut packages of apples. She spied a produce guy and asked him, only to find that there were none. I then tried to divert her attention to another, more easily consumed, piece of fruit.
"Ooo! Look at these bananas! Would you like a banana?"
But she was off following her aunt to another corner of the store, still saying "Apples, apples!" as she went. I decided to get a couple of bananas anyway because they DID look pretty good, and while I was doing that the produce guy asked me what kind of apples Leila liked. I told him that she just likes any kind, and he then picked one up and said that he'd be right back. He came back a few minutes later with the apple all cut up on a plate for her. I then reminded her to say "Thank you", and she did. We got the rest of what we needed and left the store to the tune of Leila saying, "Thank you welcome, guy! Thank you welcome!" over and over.
Kids are fun, huh? ;o)

No comments: