Saturday, June 6, 2009

Catastrophe and Gratitude

I recently had a major computer catastrophe and we lost everything that had been put onto the computer since the end of January. All documents, e-mails, and yes...photos. This has done little to help motivate me into blogging. It takes a LOT of time to organize, categorize and resize photos. I was fortunate to that I was able to have copies of many of those photos on another computer, but the ones that I had already tampered with were lost as well as some that were NOT on the other computer. :o( Not much you can do about it, though.

Moving on to other things, it's been crazy busy. Since my last post, we had fabulous spring break, Paul finished up with his job at Echelon and became unemployed, Leila celebrated her 2nd birthday, Paul and I had marked our 13th anniversary, and Rieka went on a couple of field trips. School is now out for the summer and Paul finally started a new job this past week. My cousin is getting married on the 20th of this month and so I'll be heading up to Utah for that, as well as visiting some family and friends. We're also planning on going to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house.

I'm terribly grateful for all the little things in life. Our patches of garden are doing well and we've already gotten a few veggies as a result of our labors. The sunflowers are doing quite well, and despite being a bit mutated, are still nice to look at. ;o) We're looking forward to having peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers soon and hope that the pumpkins and watermelons produce for us, too.

I'll have to see if I can get some photos put up soon, but not sure when it will happen since I have to work on resizing and categorizing again. :oP And that, as mentioned before, is what takes so much time to do. Until then...love to all!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love that you updated! YAY! Thanks for the heads up on your life, though I was aware of most of it, I still love to read it.

*hugs* Can't wait to see you!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I was just passing by and saw you lost all your computer data? Are you sure it's gone? Will the hard drive still power up even though the computer won't read it? I used to do data recovery and it's always hard to hear about people losing important data, especially family pictures. Most of the time data is still recoverable even when people think it's gone. Sorry to hear about that. Good luck.